Good news! Today is Monday and Ross didn't have to drag me out of bed. I had to drag him...
More good news! Just 8 days left of instruction before vacation! Yay!
Today was an interesting day at school. Five of my kids were absent. Let me tell you, having 19 children is so completely different from having 24. It's amazing. Other than being able to accomplish much, nothing too terribly exciting happened today. Except for the fact that everybody in the class had a tummyache at some point or another. Please pray for wellness among us : )
These weekend, however, was full of excitement. On Friday night, after my parents came to visit, we had a big family dinner. We tried going to this Mexican restaurant that had been recommended to us, but it was soooo loud in there, we couldn't hear ourselves think-- so we went across the street to an old-fashioned ice cream parlor that was out of everything from Dr. Pepper to tomatoes. Good times. At least they weren't out of Chocolate Brownie ice cream...
Saturday was busy busy with two parties. One was for extended family and the other one was a school staff party. Ross and I had a great time at the teacher party. He is such a good social lite. I would be talking to someone I knew and turn around and he'd be introducing me to someone I hadn't met before with all kinds of info about them. He's a fantastic date : ) My favorite part of the evening was being able to relax and enjoy each other's company, rather than just run by hurriedly.
My second favorite part was when Ross was able to meet Debra, the lady I meet with for prayer on Thursdays. It was so special to have them meet and to have Debra share with Ross about how much our times have meant to her. I am so thankful for this godly woman : )
On Sunday, Ross and I served in the infant nursery together. He played with a 9 month old boy, while I cuddled with a 1 month old boy. More great fun : ) Finally, Ross's mom and I went Christmas shopping for him last night. Oh, boy... is he going to be happy and surprised!! I love giving him good gifts.
Please pray that tomorrow goes well and that we finish the week strong. And please continue to pray for my health. I feel good right now, but would hate to feel icky over Christmas.
Blessings to you (and hopefully another post very soon)
P.S. Oh yeah, Ben came to school on Friday. The kids adored him! Obviously, all the girls thought that he was cute and the boys thought he was "so cool." I hope to get him into my classroom again soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Try that Mexican restaurant on a Monday-Thursday night or on a Saturday or Sunday morning. NEVER on a Friday or Saturday night. And, I reiterate, the food is very good. Especially the enchiladas and rellenos.
Post a Comment