Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Week AFTER Thanksgiving...

Hello!

I haven't blogged in about a week again.... sorry : ) Thankfully, the week is getting better as it goes on. Monday was awful- just awful. What did you expect? Anything having to do with work after 4 days of relaxation and family fun is going to be disappointing. It's written down somewhere...

To make it worse, I had a grade level meeting and a new teacher meeting. So I left the house at 7:00 am and got home about 7:00 pm. And Ross still wasn't even home yet! More disappointment... By the time he did get home, we were both pretty exhausted and not very entertaining. Oh, well. Tuesday was better : )

The kids have been terribly chatty the past three days. I'm having a very difficult time getting them to ALL be quiet at once. Then I have kids who cover their ears and shout "It's too loud in here!!" I try reasoning with them and explaining that screaming does not make the room quieter- no matter what your message is....

So there's been lots of wasted time and "I'll just wait until your ready" speeches. They promised me they'd make better choices tomorrow. I'll be sure to give you an update on that : )

Today was good-even with the staff meeting : ) I like short days-many teachers complain that you can't get much done, but I feel like it's just the right amount of time for 6-year-olds. I could teach from 7:40-12:30 every day- and everyone would be happier.

Please pray that the week just keeps on getting better and better. I need it to : )

One quick story-- a vocabulary word we have this week is "reassured". I was giving the kids examples of times that people had reassured me. I told them that somedays I did not feel like a very good teacher- but that Mr. Gentle was quick to reassure me that I was the best teacher in the world. At this, the children looked at me and said "You are!" Then turned to each other and said "She really is, you know" and the room became suddenly very noisy as they all shared their opinions on my greatness. It was fun... except for the noisy part : )

No comments: