Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Down, Only One More to Go!!

At 2:30 tomorrow- my spring break begins. It doesn't really feel possible....

Today was the 1st of our 2 field trips. It was.... nervewracking. We went to our feeder highschool to watch our junior highers perform Fiddler on the Roof. It was a very good production. The kids did a really awesome job. My kids did about as well as they could, considering the circumstances : )

We were on the first bus to the school, which meant we had great seats, but the kids had to sit in them for 20 minutes before the 1 1/2 hour long production. It might have been the longest 1 1/2 hours of my life : ) No--- it's just different than sitting in the cafeteria for a production or an assembly. I couldn't move around very easily.

While the actors did a fine job, some of them weren't very loud and we had terribly squeaky seats. So 1st graders with the wiggles did not help the situation!! And I have a number of students with sitting issues- anyhow, it was eventful.

Although I have never seen Fiddler on the Roof, I found it intriguing that I knew all the songs. The kids loved the singing parts- but had a hard time focusing during the speaking parts.

Tomorrow, we are off to the elderly care facility. I really hope that goes well. We are walking- and I am not quite sure how long it will take-- and how much whining there will be : (

When we arrive back at school, Mom and Dad will be waiting for us- as well as Katie and Emma. It should be grand fun!

Tomorrow night we're meeting up to celebrate Ben's birthday and Katie and Emma are spending the night.

As for Spring Break- my goal is to get some rest and to get some stuff done around here!!

Thanks for your prayers and support : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did the elderly care facility go? Were you able to take the kids on a field trip there?