I knew it had been a long time. I didn't realize it had been this long... Sorry, guys. The past few weeks have been tough- really tough, but looking back, they've been good, too : )
I don't know what to tell you, exactly, just that the kids were testing me with my discipline- they've all gotten to know each other so well that they always have someone to talk to while I am teaching and they know each other so well that everyone knows how to get on everyone else's nerves. Eek! It's a scary place to be : )
I've definitely had days when I come home and tell Ross I'm not going back the next day and mornings where he has to drag me out of bed.
Yesterday and today have not been like that, though. They've both been good- with an administrator observation that couldn't have gone better and assessments that are showing me that my kids are progressing. Hooray! All this hard work is doing something for somebody. Woo Hoo!!!
This upcoming week will be crazy as we have 2 field trips! (Teachers- do not mock me, this was not my fault...) Thursday the whole school will travel to the local highschool to see our junior highers perform Fiddler on the Roof. It should be fun : ) Friday we are taking a walking field trip to a nearby elderly care facility to interact with the residents there. That should also be a great experience : )
Please pray for both of those. For safety and for good behavior. Oh, about two weeks ago, I had a professional development day during school and had to call in a sub. She left a note saying it was her best sub day that year and had walked around the school telling teachers, staff, and administrators how wonderful my plans and class were. That was a big boost!!
I need to go to bed now. I know it is only 8:00- but I am tired. These kids wear me out! The good news is that I am all done with my school work- so I can relax this weekend! We're having a big birthday bash for Ross, Ben, me and some cousins tomorrow at our house. It should be a domestically delightful day : )
Praying thanksgiving for you and that you are blessed!!
P.S. Oh, yeah. My job is secure. I'm still on board for next year. I guess that is what I wanted : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment