Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good News

Thank you to anyone and everyone who prayed for my doctor's appointment today. It was good. For a couple reasons. First, I weighed a couple pounds less than I did two weeks ago. Secondly, my blood pressure was normal- whereas the last time it was high (due to waiting room anxiety...) Thirdly, the doctor has decided that he wants to do a test to see what's going on inside. Although inconvenient, it will not be traumatic and will give us definite results. The test is scheduled for the Tuesday of my Spring Break. I felt better right after leaving the doctor's office, because I felt like I had been given an answer. Unlike last time, where I was just more confused. There were no tears today : )

As for school, the kids were harder on me today. I had to send a boy to RTC for mooning another boy in the bathroom. And this kid is a GOOD kid. I was very disappointed.... And another conference had to be rescheduled. I have a 2 out of 5 record right now. Oh, well. That means I have 9 tomorrow and 11 Thursday. Ugh! We're lucky if that doesn't give me a tummy ache...

So I need your prayers to continue- for strength and endurance and also prayers of thanksgiving- I am grateful for the upcoming weekend and that God is good all the time :)

1 comment:

btdt said...

I hope you had better parent turnout today. I know it's no fun waiting in the classroom, brimming with information to share, and then have parents who not only don't care enough to show up but also don't contact the school for a re-schedule. Just remember, at least that child has one person caring and trying to make a difference in his life - YOU! You're in a very difficult situation this year, both with your class and your team mates, but I know you are handling it with strength, grace, and compassion.