Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving Week

As the holiday season approaches, I'm finding myself rather busy- at least its with happy things like shopping, gift-making and list-creating. Still, I've been a little too tired to blog...

Last week went well. I think it was one of the best weeks I've had so far. I felt like the kids and I worked well together. There were also no teacher meetings- I'm beginning to despise those depressing things...

It was easier for me to wake up this morning, and I am looking forward to tomorrow as well. Since the week is short (thank you, Jesus!) we're not using our reading program. No spelling words, no vocabulary, no focus skill, no comprehension test, no grammar lessons or writing prompts. Which means.... my mornings are totally free for activities like "I am thankful for..." books and reading Plymouth stories and talking/journalling about turkey and cranberry sauce. On Wednesday, we'll play Thanksgiving bingo and make a huge batch of trail mix to share. You know, all the stuff that we did when we were in 1st grade- and loved.

So this week is going to be good, because it's going to be old-school. Good times.

If I don't write before then, have a blessed Thanksgiving. I don't know about you, but I have a whole lot of things to be thankful for. You, being one of them : )

No comments: