Sunday, August 17, 2008

4th Day

Well, it seems like we are all settling in quite nicely : )

Today went well, especially in the morning. By the afternoon, they were eager to go home and get out of the heat... The air is still not working right : (

Oh, I met with Debra this morning. She's the Christian lady I prayed with earlier this week. Thursdays will be our set prayer meeting time. She is such a wonderful lady! We spent 20 minutes this morning praying for every teacher and staff person on campus. Today was certainly a blessed day for all! Debra also went through the list and showed me who all were believers on campus. There are so many! In 4th and 5th grade, 3 out of 4 teachers are. How blessed are those children? Please pray that God continues to use us in mighty ways.

My little boy who has developmental issues went to Resource for the first time today. I am eager to talk with that teacher and see what other interventions we can provide for him. I'm hoping that God has given her wisdom and insight into his situation : )

I had bus duty this afternoon, instead of Parent Pickup. Boy, is that a crazy duty! We were 3/4 of the way to the buses when a little girl starts screaming "Where are we going??" I told her to the bus bay and she started crying that her mother was supposed to pick her up. "How did you get in this line?" I asked. Seems like all of you are right, these little ones can get themselves lost pretty easily, too : )

I'm feeling very confident right now in my decision to become a teacher. I'm eager for the academics that we will dive into these next few weeks and for my abilities to teach and love children well. Thanks for joining me on this crazy ride : )

Much love,
Mrs. Gentle

P.S. After two weeks of driving to school and a couple random trips to the grocery store, my tripodometer (Ross says that's a real word..) reads 8.9 miles. Am I completely blessed or what?

No comments: