Oh, dear. I am sooooo tired! I guess it is 9:47- but I just took an hour long nap on the couch. This teaching stuff is tiring : )
My day today was exciting, to say the least. At about 9:00 we had our first fire drill of the year. My kids did great - and I mean fabulous. I wanted to reward them for doing so well, so I let them all pick something out of my prize box. Oh, dear. That only took 20 minutes- and a few fights over who was getting what and 18 bored kids while 4 chose what they wanted....
Mom and Dad came today to help with art projects and meet the kids, oh, and bring ice cream. I made the mistake of telling the kids all this yesterday, so I got plenty of "When do we eat ice cream?" "When is your mom coming?" "Who's at the door? Is that your mom?" The kids had fun and made some very cute things for our hallway and for their moms, but I wore out my family, too : )
Please continue praying for my two special boys. It was nice to have my parents there to affirm my thoughts about them. It looks like I'm going to have to pursue outside help with them (Child Study Teams and such...) I also made my first parent phone call today as I sent one of my kids to another teacher's room because of his behavior and she sent him to the office. (I'm thankful for her help and assertiveness...) I'm pretty sure the mother's first language is NOT English. I was talking about behavior and she kept talking about his IEP. I feel like this will be a challenging situation...
A lady from the district office stopped in to see "Mr. Gentle" after school today (people don't know what to do with my legal name Dru Gentle...) She walked into my room and immediately began complaining about the "105 degree weather." She insisted that I insist on switching rooms (doesn't that just sound complicated to you- to move 22 6 year olds????) It turns out that when she left my room she spoke with the principal- who lovingly scolded me for not telling her. She wants me to relocate on Monday (again, doesn't that sound difficult??) Please pray that it is fixed and that it won't come to that : )
What else to tell you?? I have tons of plans to write and rewrite for next week. Please pray that I have wisdom and discernment in regards to what I should do next week and how long it will take.
Thanks again for your support and love. I need 'um!
Love,
Dru Gentle (that's Mrs. Gentle to you : )
P.S. The principal and secretaries had a JOYOUS time telling my mom and dad the Luis story. I am happy to say that I had a tummy ache from belly laughing... It really is a funny story : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment