Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lesson Plans and Grocery Lists

So on Friday I asked for prayer in regards to lesson plan writing. I must now say thank you to everyone who faithfully lifted that need up and to the One who is always faithful.

Yesterday I spent a good three hours developing a system that I am confident will work in a) keeping me on schedule b) pleasing my principal by outlining standards, objectives, and kid-friendly objectives and c) be helpful and readable if the need for an emergency sub ever arises.

My plans also make me feel great about this upcoming week. We are going to venture into the academic field a bit- introducing science and social studies, sending home our first spelling list and working on short vowel /a/. It should be exciting : )

While working on plans, I also did 3 loads of laundry, washed plenty of dishes, changed the bedsheets and nurtured a semi-sick husband. This weekend went well and gave me confidence, but it's hard to not be anxious about managing a whole classroom as well as a newly-wed house.

Please pray that I would find the right balance between school and life- that Ross and I would have quality time together and that our home would be a place of love and rejuvenation, that we would be strengthened and supported here, so that we can be effective in the academic and rocket science worlds : )

No comments: