Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things

So there's this thing going around Facebook, where you are supposed to write 25 things random things about yourself. Here's what I published :

1) After meeting Jesus 17 years ago, I am still falling in love with him and learning to trust Him every single day.

2) I've wanted to be a teacher since the summer after kindergarten. I've wanted to not be a teacher since 3:00 on August 11th, 2008- 8 hours after starting : (

3) It's really not that bad, but let me tell you, things are NOT always what they seem.

4) I love to write and want to write books someday.

5) I wish I had more courage. I'm so afraid of rejection...

6) I love laughing with friends over things that aren't funny : )

7) I love children. I love the things that they bring out in me. They make me feel courageous and strong.

8) I want a baby in the worst way.

9) God has taught me SO much about forgiveness in the past year and all I can say is that He has forgiven me for so much more than I could ever have to forgive another for.

10) I graduated valedictorian of my highschool class and summa cum laude in college, but I still can not figure out those dumb math problems where people are driving towards each other at different speeds...

11) I love to cook and entertain. I think it would be fun to own a bed and breakfast someday.

12) I have the most amazing husband and I know that God designed and saved him for me.

13) I miss teaching Pioneer Girls.

14) Freshman year of highschool, I prayed that God would show me how to be patient, and He has done a good work in me (through many challenging experiences, of course)

15) I think I could make a good interior designer. I know how to make things look elegant and balanced.

16) I probably have the best family situation a girl could ask for. Two awesome married parents. Four living grandparents. A great relationship with my brother. And wonderful in-laws.

17) I taught a kid how to read the word "insect" today and it felt amazing.

18) I have never drank alcohol. I figure I'm doing fine without it... why start?

19) I love to shop for groceries and gifts.

20) I used to love rainy days, and then I became a teacher...

21) Sometimes I look at Ross, and I feel like I know him inside and out. Other times, I feel like there's still so much to know.

22) I took photography classes in highschool and would really like to take pictures again. (Not snapshots, pictures : )

23) My birthday is on April Fools Day. It only sucks a little bit. This year, I will turn 23- which seems like such an odd number...

24) I want two kids or four kids. Ross wants three. This is our only major marital conflict.

25) I could write 100 more things... and maybe, someday, I will : )

2 comments:

5hr drive said...

Ok, here's my rundown...
1-He's still falling in love with you, too.
2-Well, you are in about the most difficult situation a 1st year teacher could be in. 1st grade, low kids, ELS, etc.
4-Me too! Maybe we could collaborate!
5-You got Jesus, Ross and me on your side no matter what!
9-Ha! Wait til your 46! The dumb things I do just keep adding up. So glad God looks at me and sees Jesus.
10-The answer is 3
12-I think so too
16-Thanks!
18-You're not missing anything
23-We tried for March 31st but you weren't cooperating
24-Well, if you start out with one of each maybe 2 will seem just right

Dru-Lynn said...

About the number of children- Mom and Geneva both wanted 4, but they had one of each and decided that was good enough. Maybe I will follow suit... (But wouldn't you love to take 4 little kids to Disneyland???)