Well, today went as good as it possibly could of, I think : )
I got to school super-early, because there was quite a bit of stuff to be done before the kids got there. I went outside to get in my car and was certain that it was 4:00 in the morning. It was sooo dark!!
When I went to pick the kids up from recess, there were only 6 in my line! Slowly, they filtered in and I ended up having 22. Not a bad number at all.
My kids were mostly well behaved, cooperative and quiet! I'm trying not to get too attached to the last one. They were mostly very sleepy, too. Sleepy brings quiet....
One of my boys did have to be sent out of my room. He shoved a teacher in the lunchline and then threw a basketball at the PE teacher's face. Our PE teacher is super lax and said that it wasn't really that big of a deal... I, however, would put up with no such thing.
The worst part of my day, was dismissal. Go figure! I was on official duty at parent pickup. First, I started talking to a second grader who was pretending to beat someone up and the boy wouldn't talk to me or follow directions. He'll be in RTC tomorrow morning... About twenty later, I notice a kindergartener crying. I walk over to console him and tell him that his mother should be here soon when he explains that, actually, she won't be, because he should have gotten on the bus.
Oops. So I walk him to the front office to call his mother. Mom asked if I could send him on the bus with his older brother. I said that was just fine. Seconds later, this man appears saying that the boy is his kid and he is going to take him home. We then asked the man for his ID and he says he forgot it. I say that the man can't take the boy then and he flips out. He starts yelling and saying that it's his kid and we can't keep him from taking him. And we can call the police if we want, but he's taking him. Somehow, in all this mess, the boy has let himself out of the office half-door and is holding his dad's hand. So they just walked out the door together. Our office manager ran out after him and took down the license plate number and was ready to call the police. I was quite nervous, too, since the mom didn't mention anything about dad coming to pick the boy up.
All ended up being settled (somewhat), mom called and said she had asked dad to come pick up the boy and that they'd had enough issues with our school and that she may just withdraw him. Whatever... the boy was safe- well, if you call living with crazy parents safe...
This all lead to an hour long duty which meant I just left school and had a perfectly even 10 hour work day. So I am tired...
And- we found out for sure that we are going to be observed sometime this week. The state is definitely coming, which means our school is definitely stressed. Please pray for peace and competence. We need to do really well on this observation.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for me today. It was felt and appreciated : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's really a wonder you have any hair left...
State Inspections - I went through 'em for fourteen years. Not my idea of fun, and you never really get used to it, but they're just doing their job.
Post a Comment