Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pray for Tomorrow, Please!!

I have a headache. It's not my kids' fault, though. I promise : )

They have been incredible. I am not kidding. They have gone through a transformation. Socially, developmentally, morally- it's gotten SO much better! I am thrilled. Last night, I was grading some their writing pieces from Monday morning. I was using a rather specific rubric to grade them and found that the vast majority (like 20 out of 23) are on grade level for writing. Like, they've already met the benchmark for the end of the year. I have no idea how that happened- but I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing : )

They also completed an estimation activity that two months ago would have had us all highly frustrated and near tears. But not so today. I am so excited about how far we have come. Literally, we. They in their maturity and I in mine :) Maybe I can make it through another five months of this adventure.

So far, we have seen no district people but all of our indictators are saying they will be there tomorrow. Please pray that everything goes well and that no one has a heart attack. Seriously, I am more worried about staff health than I am about the success of the observation. All of our teachers are doing great, they're just deathly worried. And I wish they weren't : (

Our staff meeting today went relatively well, but was still emotionally and physically exhausting. We had to review our school's academic mission and then write out our core values. That task is actually appealing to me, but others were worked up about the observation and some were so picky and bitter about wording that it was ridiculous. I was happy when it ended, and made it my mission to get out of school as quick as I could.

Now I think I may take a nap : ) Probably not, I've got stuff to do and a shrimp dinner to make. (You can pray about that, too... I've never made shrimp before). Lastly, you can pray about my tummy. It has been doing better the last few days but just felt gushy today. I want to feel whole : )

Love to you, wherever you are!!

No comments: