Sunday, October 5, 2008

All in Favor of a Three Day Weekend-- Say 'Aye!'

So here' why we need three days: we need one just to do work that can't happen at work (grading, lesson planning, laundry, mowing the lawn, etc. etc.) One for worship and fellowship and one just to be.

Yesterday, Ross and I slept in a little and then got up and got right to work. He started trimming the bushes while I calculated and recorded test scores. Then I hurried and wrote up lesson plans. In the afternoon, we helped Ross's cousin and wife move. It was a great time of fellowship. The more we hang out with them and help them, the more we like them : ) Last night we joined them and Ross' parents for dinner.

Today, we worshipped and served at church. Then we went out to dinner with my family. This afternoon, I had to keep telling myself to calm down- that everything that needed to get done would get done. I hurrried and developed things for school, finished up a project for my new teacher meeting that I have tomorrow, ran 2 loads of laundry, made Ross's lunch and then realized we didn't have any margarine. So I hurried and made a rough shopping list and ran to the store (okay, maybe I drove...)

I waited in line for a long time, drove home, hurried and threw the stuff into the fridge/freezer/pantry (hopefully they all landed in the right place) jumped back in the car, got 5 gallons worth of gas and drove to meet two friends for dinner.

All of this was great. Wonderful times of service, worship and fellowship. But no time to just sit and be still.

And that is why I am finishing this post... because this just might be my only chance : )

No comments: