Monday, October 6, 2008

The Strength that Anticipation Brings...

Can I just tell you how much easier it is to work long and hard and how much more patience you have when you know that next week you don't have to work long and hard?

Today was a Monday, but it was fabulous, because I know that next Monday, I'll be on a cruise ship. This week will be a piece of cake, because vacation is coming!

Quickly, because I just got home and have things to do like eating dinner and making a packing list... I wanted to tell you the revelation I had today. After morning recess, I introduced our new spelling words to the kids. I do this every Monday, but today was different. While sitting at my overhead- sounding out words and teaching phonics, I noticed how cute my kids are.

Not how noisy they are, or needy. Not how far ahead or how far behind. Not how moody, cranky, rude, or shy. But how cute they are. It was a beautiful feeling : )

This is a good sign. We're moving into the stage when I can let up just a little bit on disciplining and spend a bit more time falling in love with them....

It's going to be a good week : )

1 comment:

5hr drive said...

They are pretty cute.