Thursday, October 2, 2008

From Icky to Good : )

I was up this morning from 4:15-5:00. When it was time to wake up, I felt horrible. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it through the day. I really wanted to cry... But I didn't. I got out of bed and got ready for school. Ten minutes before I picked the kids up at the playground, I prayed that God would give me strength, because I knew I could not get through the day on my own. And you know what? He totally delivered : )

The day went quite smoothly. During reading, I was amazed by their abilities and during math I was convinced that they truly understand graphing concepts. I felt wonderful. In the afternoon, they were able to go to P.E. and their very first assembly. And they did great. No complaints whatsoever.

After school, I had a meeting with a parent and it went well. It just was an over-all great day with a icky beginning. And I'm sure it was all possible because I asked God to show up.

I'm hoping that it continues to go well as I meet up with a friend for coffee tonight and enjoy Papa John's pizza with my husband (they're giving our school 20% of their profit tonight...) It should be a nice evening-- before a wonderful weekend.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: