Just one more! Can you believe it!?!
I walked into my classroom this morning to find a delightful surprise. There was a card with my name on it and a box of After Eight Dark Chocolate Thin Mints on my desk. I quickly dropped everything to open the card to discover that my principal had left them. The card mentioned how happy she was that I had chosen our school.
Isn't that the nicest thing? This afternoon I just had to write her a note back thanking her and explaining that it is things like that which helped me choose. There are just genuinely nice people at that school....
Today was good! I was tired towards the end- so the kids said it was okay that I sat down in my rocking chair while they counted to 100 to the motions of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" (that is a workout- for sure!) They are cute. As the week goes on, the teachers have gotten tireder (not a word, I know) while the kids have gotten rambunctiouser (also not a word, but fun to say ; )
We had a class meeting today, where we sat and talked about being kind and about how to act appropriately in the bathroom. Uggh! I hate bathroom stuff! The boys' bathroom always has yelling children and clogged toilets. Grossness! And we've had lots of complaints lately about boys hitting each other in the bathroom. And last year, I guess there were issues about boys touching each others privates... When I heard that, I knew without a doubt that our world is messed up. You can just pray that the Devil would not have a foothold in our boys bathroom. I'm serious! Whether it be bullying or molestation-- all of it has to stop.
Deep breaths, again. Tommorow should be a delightfully crazy day. I'm trying out my assessment centers with four parent volunteers (two, okay three, of them mine) then we're celebrating a birthday, having a pizza party lunch for kids who have been reading books at home and we have P.E. with Mr. Luna. The kids should be happy ALL day : )
I will let you know how it goes and then I have to get ready for my CRUISE VACATION! What fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment