Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Rather Successful and Relatively Short-- Short Day

Greetings! It's Wednesday evening which means that we are 3/5 of the way done with this week. Hooray! I want another weekend : )

Today went well- it might be in the running for the smoothest short day yet. One thing that I really like about short days is that I keep my class the whole day. All the other days, my ELL's go away and I get six other kids. I like the other kids okay, but it's nice to not have to rush to send my kids on their way. And besides, I miss them when they are gone : )

Do you remember me telling you that things have been disappearing in my classroom? Like Jamba Juice money and prizes that students have won. Well, two culprits were caught this afternoon. One of my sweet little girls told me that two other girls stole some self-inking stamps that I have and like to stamp kids' hands on the school bus. I asked the girls if this was true. They didn't say anything- so I looked in their backpacks and, behold, there they were.

I was very upset and the kids knew it. Tomorrow, the girls will be visiting the assistant principal to talk about the implications of stealing.... They said they haven't taken anything else, so I'm still wondering where the money and prizes have gone.

After school, we had a brief meeting about our ELL students and then I met with the kindergarten teacher who is tutoring one of my students. I'm glad that I was able to meet with her and I'm glad that I chose to not tell anyone at school about the situation until after I talked with her. When she first called me, I felt like she didn't think that I cared enough about the student to help him or his family. But after talking with her, I know that that isn't the case and that she is here to support me and him. It's going to be okay after all : )

Then I quickly cleaned up my room (it's a mess every afternoon!!) got things together for tomorrow and then hurried off to the district office (ugh!) Apparently, the first set of fingerprints they took for me got smudged so they needed to do it again. Unfortunately, I don't know if these ones really came out any better : )

Ross and I just enjoyed a yummy dinner together and are going to sit and read for a while. Then it's off to bed at 9:00. We both were too sleepy today!

Blessings : )

No comments: