It's 9:00 and I just finished work. Am I a workaholic, a perfectionist or just an over-a-Shever? Maybe a mixture of the three?
I've spent the past hours organizing all the information I need to send out at conferences. Believe me, there's a lot : ) I've been writing up outlines of stuff I want to share with each parent at each conference. Yes, extra work- but it so exciting to reflect and honestly write that their child is making progress in various areas.
And... I've been grading the four tests that I gave today. (The kids are such troopers.) They did awesome. I am totally amazed. On our addition math test, 86 % of my class got an A or B and 55% got 100%!! I think they are actually learning and I am actually teaching them something! Woo Hoo!
After all this testing, organizing, grading, recording... I am tired. I think I'm going to pass out now.
Please pray that this weekend is restful. I have a strong feeling next week (conference week) won't be : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Over-a-Shever, I love it. Suits you to a "t".
You are actually teaching them something - that's the only explanation I can think of for what I experienced yesterday. I saw kids doing great on their spelling and math tests, including kids who were totally clueless back in August-September. And the kids who read to me did an awesome job!!
I even had three little girls who were interested in the "Children's Hospital of Orange County" bracelet I was wearing yesterday. Each of them grabbed my wrist and turned it as they read the slogan out loud, "Making Miracles for Children". Spontaneous, compulsive readers - I loved that! And one of the girls insisted on counting the little hearts that are on the bracelet. Spontaneous, compulsive counting! Gotta love that too!
Post a Comment