Wow- a lot was accomplished today. I taught 22 six-year-olds, was crafty with mom, worked out with my mother-in-law and helped tutor two high school kids. I'm pretty tired, as you could have guessed.
School was good- not great, not horrible, just good. The principal came into my class today to ask a quick question. She wanted to know what position I was running for and why she should vote for me! The kids were pretty cute in explaining that they wanted me to be the next president and how I'd make a good leader because I'm "the best teacher ever" "the nicest teacher ever" and "pretty." In case you don't know what I'm talking about- a couple weeks ago, we learned about elections and the kids were asked to make bumper stickers with a "Vote for (insert their name here)" Most of them wrote "Vote for Mrs Gentle!" They are now hanging in the hallway.
Card making was fun. Mom and I go to this great place where you can make a bunch of cards for only a dollar a piece! We made cute baby, birthday and thank you cards. If you want more info, e-mail me. I'd love to take you there!
Lastly, kickboxing was really good, too. The class was almost 45 minutes long and I made it through quite strong! It was a good ego-booster and gave me some ideas on how I can exercise at home throughout the week. I'll have to give you an update tomorrow. My arms already hurt...
Oh, and as for math. Tomorrow the worksheets are taking the bus! No more silly pencil-paper activities! We're going to become problem solvers! (I'll have to give you an update on that one, too... but for right now, it sounds really good!)
Thanks for your prayers for strength and endurance. He answered! Please pray for tomorrow- it is a short day, I have a district meeting, and hopefully, Ross and I will have a nice, quiet night together.
Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment