Today was busy, but good. And it's not over yet...
I felt really good during reading this morning, I started from the very beginning, reminding the children about our rules- listening, sitting still, raising their hands. And for the rest of the time, they obeyed them quite nicely. Perhaps I will need to review them every day.
The kids loved having mom and dad there- the kids were going a little bit bonkers, actually. We took another math test and it went beautifully! One, because the kids never saw the workbooks for chapter 3 and two, because I had two people to sit next to the kids that get overwhelmed by looking at these tests. My average score is an 85. Woo Hoo!
Our little centers went well. For the first time ever I didn't plan too much in a rotation. The kids made cute foam candy corn people, fall colored cookies and posters that displayed all that we reduce, reuse and recycle in our classroom.
After school, I had to hurry up so I could go to the dentist. I like my dentist and actually do not mind getting my teeth cleaned, but his hours of availability are icky. Teachers are never available from 7-4. Oh, well.
Ross and I just finished dinner and are eagerly awaiting highschoolers. Hopefully, some show up : )
Tomorrow should be fun. Mr. Gentle is coming to school! Pray that all goes well : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment