Four weeks now. I've finished four weeks. Doesn't quite feel right. In someways, I'm sure I just misnamed two Luises... in others, I'm sure I've been doing this all my life...
Today was good. It was very much like how I remember Fridays being in my first grade. We took three tests in the morning and played in the afternoon. Ah... life as it should be : )
We had another weekly reading test, spelling test and Ch 2 science test (we're bookin' it in science.) I'll be sure to post my scores later this weekend : ) I have a feeling that my reading will be up from last week, but science will be down.
We went to the computer lab and it was a total success! The kids remained quiet the entire time and were even showing me how to do stuff on the computer! All except one little boy, who didn't seem to know how to move the mouse... I'm sure in just a few trips he'll be a computer whiz, too.
Mom came today, which is always a blessing. She chatted with her little friends in the front office and has agreed to make cute gifts for all the teachers. She has definitely found her niche : )
When Ross got home from work today, Mom filled him in on my class. She overexaggerates a tiny bit, but it is amazing to hear from a 3rd persepective. I do have a lot to handle everyday!
So school was good. Nobody ran into any fire extinguishers : ) I am looking forward to this weekend to rest with a few social events scattered here and there. I'm pretty sure I'm over my cold, too.
Here's the one wrench thrown into my day, though. On the way to school, I drove past a shirt-less man walking down the street. He was rather scary looking and I felt very uncomfortable as he seemed to study me as I drove past. Nine hours later, mom and I are driving home from school and this same man is on our street on a bicycle, riding up and down the street, pulling into driveways and checking things out. He again, studies us, and seems to recognize me from the morning. I was a little freaked out.
Mom and I agreed that it wouldn't hurt to call the police. I did and gave them my story. They took information about the man and said they'd send a policeman over to check the area. Since then, however, I've felt quite uneasy. Please pray that God would bring me peace, that He would protect us, our neighborhood, and my school and that I would stand confident in His promises.
Thanks and Happy Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
btdt-
I appreciate your comment, but am trying to be cautious about giving out too much information in regards to my school's location.
Thanks for your understanding and your readership : )
Post a Comment