Don't worry. I will post about the day's events soon. But for right now, I want to tell you about other stuff going on with Mrs. Gentle : )
First- we had a fabulous weekend. On Friday, we went out to dinner with my family and thoroughly enjoyed their company. When we got home, our neighbors across the street were playing outside. In the summer, when I had very little to do (ha, ha...) I would hang out at their house for hours. So Ross and I walked over and had a great time catching up. They have a 5 year old son who is in kindergarten and a 2 year old daughter whom Ross adores : ) The boy and I had a great time comparing school notes and Ross exchanged countless smiles with the little girl...
On Saturday, Ross and I enjoyed working hard at home together : ) Sunday was spent with a morning of church and fellowship followed by an evening of catch-up with Ross' parents who have been out of state for almost a month. Monday, Ross and I continued to work hard at home and visit with my extended family in honor of Labor Day.
What a blessing to live so close to family and to be able to share life with them! I'm so grateful for the many relationships that Ross and I are able to share.
Second, being around all these babies and cute kids gets a girl thinking... Ross and I were able to have a very sweet conversation yesterday about our future family, specifically about timing. Our original "plan" was to get pregnant around this time next year. In the past few weeks, I could only imagine how horrible it would be in my first trimester, hot, sweaty, totally exhausted and nauseauated with untrained 1st graders. Our new "plan" (which I plan to stick to : ) is to get pregnant mid-school year- when the kids are more trained and when the weather is beautiful. This would also mean having a nice amount of time to get ready for this beautiful baby. We'll see. Maybe God has some other timing planned : )
Third, I've been trying to be good by exercising consistently. I don't know how many of you struggle with this- but it is hard for me. Not so much doing it or even having time to do it, but doing it when I have time to do it : ) Yesterday, instead of sitting and talking with Ross, I paced the house, did kickboxing and talked with Ross. Today, before I left school, I decided that I was going to exercise first and blog later. The sooner I sit down, the sooner I lose my energy... If you have issues with being disciplined in this area- know that I am with you and am trying hard! (I figure if I post this, someone's bound to keep me accountable, right?)
Fourth, Ross and I have been going back and forth over what we wanted to do during my Fall Break. Well, last night we finally decided. We are going to go on a Mexican cruise! Yay! It sounds like fun. I can't wait to tell you how it is! What a fun thing to look forward to!
Lastly, while exercising today, I was listening to one of my favorite artists Tree 63. They are a marvelous Christian band. I heard one song that I have always liked, but today, it brought me to tears. You need to listen to it. You can click here and choose number 67 Walking Home with You. I have never been led to tears so quickly- nonetheless while working out! I hope God uses it in a powerful way for you like He did with me : )
Please know that God is using you in a powerful way as you continue to support and love me. You are priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment