I don't really know how to describe today. It wasn't a great day, but nothing horrible happened, either. It was a mediocre day...
I wore my red top, navy skirt and flag pin and was asked within five minutes why I was wearing "that sticker" : ) One boy piped up, "Ooo! I know. It's another voting day, huh?" "No," I replied. Another boy exclaimed, "Ooo! Today they are going to announce who we picked for president?" Another no. During social studies time, I spent about five minutes telling them why the day was important and specifically telling them what life was like for me seven years ago.
All of them were shocked at the stories- both America's and mine. None of them acted like they had heard it before... If I don't tell them, who will??
Tomorrow will be fun. Mom and Dad are coming to school- they are going to help me do some assessments that can't be done on paper (reading words and counting). Then Dad is getting his own special birthday party with 1st graders. (You, too, could experience this privelege : ) Tomorrow night, Ross and I are hosting an "official" birthday party for Dad and Grandma. It should be fun : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment