Let's face it- there will probably be another one at some point this year : )
Here's what today has looked like:
6:10-the alarm goes off, Ross happily reports that his throat still does not hurt, and unhappily reports that he must get up to go to work
7:00- Ross leaves, I fall fast asleep
7:45- my phone rings. It's Ben- he gives me an hour-long update on his life. Good times : )
8:45- I decide that I am now awake so I get up and eat breakfast.
9:00- Maybe I'm not so awake. I lie down on couch.
9:30-Maybe I should go lay back down in bed...
11:00- I now feel gross- like that mental feeling you get when you know you are sick and you've been lying around too much. I get up to maybe help that feeling dissipate.
11:15- I eat a lunch of French bread, butter and apple. Yummy!
11:30- I begin thinking about Parent Teacher Conferences (that are at the end of October) I calculate that if I meet with each set of parents for 20 minutes... I'll spend 7 hours and 40 minutes in conferences. Eek!
12:00- I begin thinking about report cards and develop a parent-friendly letter to go home with them. Then I develop Round-Robin-style-assessment centers for my parents and volunteers to help me with. Somehow, this is all deeply satisfying : )
2:00- I take a shower and scrub all that icky germ feelingness away.
2:30- I lie down for another nap
4:00- I wake up and decide that yes, I should go to school for a little while
4:15- I get in my car and drive the 1/2 mile to school- thankful that it's only a 1/2 mile. I sort of feel sick in my tummy.
4:20- I get to school- admire my sub's note, that starts with "Your class was great!" Then goes on to apologize about how she didn't finish quite everything on my list. No list of names, no complaints. Hallelujah!!
4:30- I get to work in making 2 sets of Happy Birthday things that I need for kids tomorrow and changing out my All About Me board. Unfortunately, I remember and then forget to change my calendar to October...
4:45- I get in my car to come home.
4:50- I come inside and decide to give you this update : )
The plan right now is to go back to school tomorrow. It's a half day (oh, yeah, more like 3/4) so, if I feel disgusting, I'll just leave right at dismissal. I think I'll make it okay. Please pray that I do and that my tummy feels better- I think it may be reacting to the penicillin a bit.
Thanks, guys. Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment