Saturday, September 13, 2008

Unexpected Fevers

Well- yesterday and today have not gone as planned. Luckily, I am a teacher and am totally accustomed to this sort of thing : )

Shortly after I posted yesterday, I got in the shower and left Mom and Dad to the cooking. My grandparents, brother and cousins all arrived and when I opened my bedroom door, it suddenly felt like I was at a party : )

We were ready to start dinner right about 6:00- when my aunt decided to take my little cousin's temperature. It read 103.1! Eek! So she was not able to stay. She cried very hard because she wanted to stay-- and if she couldn't, then her older sister shouldn't be able to either. We had another, "Life isn't fair" talk and sent her on her way home. Poor baby...

Her sister has been helping me grade and record tests and homework, and I just finished my first progress reports. Here are my average scores for the week. They're not as good as they have been : (

Reading Test: 75
Reading Words: 62 (this is highly disappointing, because it shows me that their parents did not help them practice, ugh!)
Spelling: 97 (Woo Hoo!)

Math was different this week: almost all of them can count to 100 or beyond, nobody can count backwards from 100 and their skip counting (by 2's 5's or 10's) is pretty pathetic, too. Now we know, right?

Have a great weekend. Do your best to not get a 103.1 temperature, kay?

1 comment:

5hr drive said...

If I spike a fever you WILL hear about it! Thanks for the party, I had fun!