Sunday, September 14, 2008

Plans Continue to Change...

So yesterday, my cousin that did get to stay, talked me into letting her stay another night. (Okay, okay- it didn't take much to convince me...) Ross and she and I (I think that is grammatically correct...) walked to my school, ate a yummy pancake breakfast, got some things organized in my classroom and then walked home. Ross decided to do some yard work and I continued doing school work. (I'm telling you- it never, ever ends!) K lied down on the couch and stayed there. I figured she was tired of all the school work, so I let her be.

Later on in the afternoon, the three of us went to Costco and to Penny's. She seemed out of sorts then, too. We got home and she fell asleep on the couch- for 45 minutes. Ross and I talked in our room for a while and decided that we'd like to take her to dinner and then rent a movie to watch together. She finally woke up, didn't know where she was, and said she didn't feel good. She said we could leave her there and go out to eat, but that she wasn't leaving the couch. (This isn't looking good, is it?)

We finally took her temperature. It read 101.1. So we ended up taking her home at 8:00 last night. None of my plans worked out the way I wanted them to work : (

Oh, well. It'll be okay. I don't know if I'm quite ready to start another week of school. Wasn't I just there? Didn't I just say "Have a nice weekend?" This week will be full of activities as well. Tomorrow I just have school, Tuesday is kickboxing and tutoring, Wednesday I am meeting with my district mentor teacher, Thursday will be the first night of a weekly high-school small group meeting in our home and Friday- I'll be totally wiped : )

Please pray for this week- especially the small group. Ross and I are both enthused for a chance to serve together. Please pray that kids would come and be receptive. We think we're going to do a study on key Christian beliefs (the Trinity, Heaven, Hell, etc.) so we need guidance there also. Please specifically pray that we would see this time as a blessing, and not an extra burden : )

Thanks for supporting me by reading and praying. I look forward to reporting how God is working back to you : )

No comments: